Friday, June 19, 2009

Thank you Everyone & Life updates



I just wanted to thank everyone for your love, support, and prayers during the last few weeks for my family. I can't believe it's been nearly a month since my mom crossed over the veil. I still think about her everyday. After the work and craziness of making her final arrangements and holding her Memorial Service it has been nice to be home.... even if I have been busy.


My little shop has been exploding since getting back from Spokane. Sometimes I wonder if my mom has a hand in it. I went from 2 sales a day to 4 sales on slow days and this last Wednesday I had orders for over 35 decals (one was a group order of 14 for LDS youth in Los Vegas). Its been crazy!


Corbin has been going to Preschool on BYU-I Campus since the end of April and LOVES it. Its only two days a week, but he really enjoys it. He towers above all the other kids though- It's almost comical! There is a room that parents can go into and observe the kids (it has a two-way mirror). Tim was there watching the other day between classes and saw Corbin make moves on another little girl who's mother happened to be sitting in the observation room too! LOL! She got pictures with a camera... I hope we can get copies! LOL!



Tekara is out of school and is spending her time watching movies into the wee hours of the morning and then rising at 1 pm in the afternoon for breakfast! LOL! It was decided that due to Tim and I's transient nature over the next year or two, that it would be better for Tekara to be in a more stable environment for her last 3 years of high school...so in August she is going to be moving in with Gailyn and Nick so she can go to Pullman H.S. and then hopefully Running Start at WSU.


Tim's been applying for interships all over the US..... he's had interviews in Denver and has some upcoming interviews... but no offers yet. We have financial aid lined up for the Fall if nothing comes through... that way he can take a few more classes and get an additional emphasis in his degree. Although he loathes the idea of another semester of college- I don't know what else we could do.



Cobin's Golf and Baseball obcession has moved to a new level. That's all the kids wants to do when we go out to play and now he looks for it to watch on TV! We got him some real Jr. Golf clubs and Tim's taken him out a few times to the Golf course--- he LOVES it and never wants to come home! All I have to say is this better be the beginnings of the next Tiger Woods or we'll be in the poor house coping with these obcessions of his! LOL!




Corbin is also becoming very independent and wanting to do all the dressing himself... This was taken a couple of days ago... he put his shirt on inside out and backwards and his shoes were on the wrong feet! I just had to chuckle... he wouldn't let me help or advice him in anyway! LOL!





3 comments:

Backwoods Browns said...

I am glad your sales are up and you are doing so well!! It doesn't surprise me about Corbin since all he said everyday was " tennis, golf , play ball, play with me" Grabbing hands and trying to drag anyone who was willing to go outside and throw a ball or hit one around with him! He seriously loves his sports!! Too bad he was with my kids who just want to fish and hike and ride bikes :) That's great though if he is the next Tiger Woods!!
I also love his backwards, inside out and wrong feet dress job! It'll be nice though once he gets the hang of it and can do it all himself the right way!! :)

chelsea mckell said...

wow, that's awesome about your sales! You might have to hire help if it keeps going this well! That's good to stay busy after a death - I know that's what has always helped me the most.

Jon and Maryanne said...

I'm so glad things are picking up for you and that you are able to finally be home! In response to your comment on my blog.......we haven't done the MS Ride yet, it is in September. We are still trying to raise money, hopefully we will reach our goal! If you would like to help out that would be awesome, but you totally don't have to. I have the link up on my post and on the side of my blog. :)